How do Mondays feel to you?
Do you wake up and find that you are actually in a lovely mood…but when the world begins to open its eyes and you pass by or stumble upon other people in their Monday place, the day gets progressively more and more dismal with all the negativity that bursts forth upon the world?
You the day off well and then in the end wonder ‘What the ? I was fine and I don’t even know WHY I feel so shitty now.’
I dislike that. I fight that. I really really fight that… torn between wanting to encourage the sad faces that stare at you dismally when you say, ‘Good morning’, whilst they utter a ‘…mrrning’.
I wish I could help them feel better about the day. But for the sake of my own sanity I sometimes have to force myself to pull back and let them own their own emotions and NOT allow them to become MY emotions.
Sometimes – people need not say a word…you can simply feel it in the air around you. People passing by you. A room of people is always fun…cue confused emotions…anxiety even maybe because of the mixed emotions stirring around that we are sucking in.
Here’s an idea – maybe I should hand out small cards of encouraging words to the glum masses that saunter along…so they can JUST give off nice sensations already?
(With my website address on it next to a little side note that says – ‘Wanna have some fun?’ )
Don’t let other people’s emotions become your emotions. Instead – put on a smile and hope that YOUR joy can permeate THEM.
It won’t always – but at least it will mean you can block off those negative vibes ey. – Mostly.
Yeah – I know… some people are just allergic to others emotions and suck them up like a sponge. DON’T do that to yourself!
Be aware – and ask yourself -
‘Is this REALLY how I AM feeling or am I cueing in on how someone ELSE is feeling.’
Would I not rather learn how to reverse this flow of emotions/energy?
Happy weeks people!
To Cue – definition:
- in the theatre, films, music, etc) anything spoken or done that serves as a signal to an actor, musician, etc, to follow with specific lines or action
- a signal or reminder to do something
- (psychology) the part of any sensory pattern that is identified as the signal for a response
- the part, function, or action assigned to or expected of a person
- (transitive) to give a cue or cues to (an actor)
- usually foll by in or into to signal (to something or somebody) at a specific moment in a musical or dramatic performance ⇒
to cue in a flourish of trumpets
- (transitive) to give information or a reminder to (someone)
- (intransitive) to signal the commencement of filming, as with the word “Action!”